To my surprise, Good Grief Guru received an unexpected blog award yesterday. This award was received from an unsolicited reader, a fellow blogger I have never met. Thank you to Dawn Storey from Alphabet Salad who honoured Good Grief Guru with this award.
Receiving awards can be a lot of fun, and for me, an individual who is motivated by feedback, The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award was a welcomed surprise. It was one way of letting me know this site is having a positive impact on someone other than myself. Plus, it’s not only fun to be recognized, it’s also fun to recognize others, which is part of what I understand this award to be all about.
Here are the rules:
- First of all, I am to let you in on seven secrets, little-known facts, or random oddities about myself.
- Secondly, I am to pay it forward by presenting the award to some other deserving bloggers, so that you, too, can share in their sweetness.
So, I will delay no longer. Here are seven quirky tidbits about me.
- I love scars. Every scar tells a story, and when someone’s been cut deep enough to create a scar, those stories tend to be memorable and significant. I especially love my scars, not because I enjoyed what caused them, but because I’ve earned them, learned from them, and have come to see them as beauty.
- I like the achy feeling my body gets after I’ve exercised. It’s my body’s way of saying, “Finally! You did something with me, after all these years!” and that makes me feel a little healthier. As the saying goes, no pain, no gain.
- I really like trains. I like the sound of them, the look of them, and the fact that when I look down a set of train tracks I can pretend I am at any moment in time. In a world of change, train tracks are timeless. I look down a set of tracks and it could be the year 2012, or 1883.
- I have yet to meet a cheesecake that can live up to the cheesecake my family makes. We eat it frozen, and it’s melt in my mouth goodness. Cherry cheesecake used to be my favourite until I was introduced to her blueberry version, which has now taken the lead.
- I like hugable boys my height, which is pretty down to earth. It’s even better if they’re a bit rugged, but clean, you know?
- The #1 artist I’ve listened to over the past year has been Keith Green. His music is high on my frequently played playlist. It has pulled me through impossible moments.
- I thoroughly enjoy well-used books. I have a thing for books that have been underlined, highlighted, and are falling apart because they have been so well loved.
Now, on to the pay it forward part!
- Pardon my poppet (Mom/life blog)
- It’s in my head, eh? blog (a blog about mercury poisoning, written by someone living through the adverse affects of amalgam teeth filings that later poisoned his body.)
- Adara’s natural health blog (Naturopathic medicine blog)
- Every little wonder (Photography/life)
- Alphabet Salad (Rants and ramblings)
- Keith Green (Songs & Writings)
- Ted.com blog (Ideas worth spreading, public speaker blog)
Of course there are other blogs I LOVE, but these are private (and at the discretion of the writer to share.) If you are a writer of one of these blogs, just know I’m rooting for you even though I can’t advertise you.
Here’s to the new winners of the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award! Way to go everyone!